Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Letter to Grandma

Dear Grandma,

We celebrated your life today. The funeral home was packed with people who love you. The services were beautiful and only admiration was spoken of the life you lived here. After seventeen years we laid your body in the earth beside Grandpa’s. It was beautiful out. The sun was warm and the air was cool. Colorful leaves are beginning to blanket the grass. It was the perfect time of year for you.

Thank you for all that you have been. Thank you for putting God first in all you did. Our lives are a product of yours. There was never a day in my life that I doubted your walk with God. I didn’t know until today that you had had a heart for underprivileged young girls and had spent a portion of your young ministry working with them. It’s a passion I share. I want to invest my life in underprivileged urban youth. I will.

We will miss you and will long to be with you again, but we are glad these last years have closed for you. We know they were with reason, but they were long and it was hard to see you fade from us over the time. We are happy you are with Jesus and Grandpa now. See you soon.

Love,
Rebekah (Becky)

No comments: