Sunday, October 12, 2008

Here's to Hindsight

I just finished reading this book and enjoyed it. I found it very relatable in many ways as Tara shared her life’s journey thus far. I liked the raw stories of everyday struggles and how similar her over-analytical thoughts are to my own. With her love of New York her words were like finding my own thoughts written on pages.

In the close of the book she writes a letter to her former self. There’s a challenge in it that she would charge herself with if she could have only seen how the pieces would fall together, and the challenge is just as important to the current and future self. “Learn to enjoy changing and being corrected, because those are good things, and they will serve to shape you into the person you are going to be for the rest of your life…be careful of your actions today, because they are slowly writing the story of your tomorrows.”

I was also inspired by her lyrics,
And all today’s uncertainties, and all of my impatience
Will just be flecks of color
In the picture that He’s painting

No comments: