Friday, October 24, 2008

A Joyous Journey

The following is a poem my cousin wrote for our grandma and read at her funeral. The words are so very fitting for Grandma.


A Joyous Journey
Kerri Bree, October 18, 2008
In honor of Ruth DeHaven

A woman of true virtue
is who I remember you to be…

Faithful and sincere
with a great love for the Lord,

Devoted to your husband
for nearly fifty years.

A loving and caring mother,
all six I know would say,

A bounty of both grandchildren and
great-grandchildren, with a glorious legacy.

Kingdom-minded
I know you were indeed,

Thank you for caring
about where I’d spend eternity.

Singing and praises
constantly on your lips,

Thanksgiving and joy
overflowing from your heart.

A joyous journey
truly your life has been,

To know the love of Christ
and be satisfied in Him.

The Lord has now called you home,
forever with Him to be.

I count it joy and not loss,
for I know this is not the last of you I’ll see.

No comments: