Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Lake House

This past weekend my aunt and uncle came in town. I hadn’t seen them since they moved from Clearwater shortly after my college graduation, so I was glad to see them. Sunday I left with them and my cousins to go up to a lake house. We spent the next few days just having fun in the sun. We had boats, tubes, jet skis and schedule free days. We enjoyed grilled out meals out on one of the decks. Hawaiian sausage, barbeque chicken, corn on the cob, fruit with cream cheese dip, pasta salad and so much more filled us up each day. The girls watched a movie each evening while the guys were out fishing. At night after everyone was asleep in the house I liked to go outside and just sit on the steps leading to the dock surrounded by the quite night sky and still waters. The moon was not quite full but it was beautiful. The top deck of the house was like being in a tree house engulfed in the branches and leaves. It was a good time and a great opportunity to just relax and play. My only regret was that I forgot to take my camera so I am left with no pictures.

No comments: