Friday, July 18, 2008

I Corinthians 15

I was just reflecting on my favorite verse. It’s a verse of motivation, challenge and promise. I rarely use KJV anymore, but I love this particular translation of the verse. “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord (I Corinthians 15:58).” This life is short and the work of our lives should boil down to this passage. I love to return to this portion of Paul’s letters from time to time. The whole chapter recounts the cornerstone of our existence in Christ, which is so much bigger than this life. The focus and glory found in Paul’s writing provides us believers with hope, but it also presents an undeniable command upon our lives. We need Him to be the center of our quickly fading lives and it’s an individual’s decision to make Him that.

No comments: