Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Ok, so I’ve never been into the whole Black Friday thing, partly, because I don’t enjoy shopping in general. I am all about great deals, but I firmly believe it does not require me to be involved in such a ridiculous practice. I have no problem with crowds, I love NYC. I do have issues with determined shopping crowds though. I know my view is not the American norm, thus the existence of Black Friday. However, my view is strengthened when I see the news at the end of Black Friday each year. I understand anything of large scale carries some incidents. I guess in perspective the incidents are a low percentage, but what discount is worth a person being trampled to death in Wal-Mart? What bargain brings value to two dying in a shooting? Both incidents were reported in today’s news. So, I say to the tradition of Black Friday, “No thanks.”

No comments: