Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas (Part 2)

Coats have been delivered to The Daily Bread, our local food kitchen. It was more beneficial to place them in their care then to pass them out today. The weather is supposed to be a little cooler next week and to leave them there allows them to be distributed as needed. I was also able to find out they still have a need for people to serve at the kitchen January 1 and 2. The owner informed me those are a couple of their slower days with volunteers. I was able to be scheduled and I look forward to finding a few others that may be able to help as well. Overall, it was a good Christmas.

About 1/2 the coats as we were sorting the sizes
(thanks to our church for the generous donations)

We also received a few other clothing donations
(Rach and I tested their capabilities)

All the donations made the cut
(I love how my headband is riding up on my hair in this pic)

No comments: