Saturday, August 9, 2008

Athlete to Watch

Today pretty much revolved around the Olympics for my cousins and me. I am glad that the time of most of the swimming events places them prime time here. I was so excited to see Michael Phelps attain gold already. Seven more to go! Even better was the fact that he crushed another world record in attaining it! It's just too bad the country that put on such a spectacular presentation for the world yesterday happened to have a technical glitch in the middle of our national anthem. It would have been nice to hear the whole song. Anyway, I'm eager to see how the rest of Phelps' events unfold!

Dara Torres also had a great swim and is deserving of props although the USA team did not pull a win in that race. To be in the Olympics at age 41 and still prove to be one of the strongest competitors in the race is amazing.

No comments: