Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Indescribable








Just after taking these shots I hit the road again for my last stretch of travel to Fort Wayne, Indiana. I was listening to Vicky Beeching's "Turn Your Eyes." I have always loved the original. As I drove the words struck a cord. Many times when I sing or hear the song I can picture all that's wrong with the world finally melting away. The thought is always an inspiration as I consider the negativity that is circulating every news worthy story today. The shape of our nation is haunting.

However, this moment was different. Taking these shots had carried my thoughts to the greatness of His creation. Hearing the words of the song as I continued driving by a grand cliff brought me to the realization that the even the beauty of this world will fade as we see His face. Nothing compares.

Beeching's version continues with lyrics that matched my already stirred thoughts:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth
Will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace
In the light of His glory and grace

Isn’t He beautiful?
Isn’t He beautiful?
Outshining sun and stars
It’s indescribable
How breathtaking You are

So I turn my eyes upon You now
Look full in Your wonderful face
And the things of earth
They grow strangely dim
In the light of Your glory and grace
In the light of Your glory and grace

You are so beautiful
You are so beautiful
Outshining sun and stars
It’s indescribable
How breathtaking You are

Indescribale is so fitting because there are often times I could never put in words the glory of what I see in a sunset, the stars, or nature. And, these are things I've experienced and seen with my eyes. I can't imagine trying to put into words His glory when His is beyond all of this. This is only His creation.

No comments: